Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"We got big news..."

Once upon a time, I had a website with all of my great illustrations on it, and even some of my not-so-great ones. At the time, I had finally broke through, learned some code & actually gotten comfortable with HTML. I had a reasonably well designed and clever website, one I could keep updating with confidence that it would carry me across artistic sea and be a good professional face for me online. The “Isle of Dread” was my artistic home.

And then the webhost disappeared. They just vanished. And so did all of the websites they hosted. GONE.

I decided this wasn’t all that bad a thing... I was a little tired of correcting people when they THOUGHT I had said my website was “I love dread dot com” (no no... ISLE of dread...) So I decided to go back to the drawing board and cook up a new site, build on my skills,

A month stretched out to a few months, with the day-job and other projects that gathered on my hull it stretched out to years, of my not having a new website online. Perpetually on the back burner.

Enough time goes by, and you start to see things out pace you. The Internet had changed. When it came time to get something online, my old HTML knowledge was barely enough to impress the present-day appreciator of art. The net-savvy folk would have instantly pegged the site as “So 2005”

The thing is, one doesn’t necessarily need a fancy schmancy site to have a good professional presence online. The majority of sites I visit is all powered by a blog, Flickr, YouTube links, so damn. I’m going to just jump in and re-ignite my online presence! So with that in mind, I’ve got big news... the Party Boat is here.

I’ll be adding more to this ship as time goes by. It’ll be a bit of a flurry at first, I have a lot of classic stuff that hasn’t seen internet light since ’05. and of course the new stuff. I’ll be releasing stuff regularly from here on out.

It feels good to be back!



















































1 comment:

  1. Hey man there is a very easy to use drag and drop flash web site place. Only 5/month to get rid of adds. I have made up 2 through it and both took about 1hr at the most.
    www.wix.com
    1st site - www.santaclausiscoming.net
    2nd site - www.wix.com/elbare/old-yeller

    The have templets to use also.

    ReplyDelete