Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Star Wars...reluctantly

A buddy of mine owns a local comic store, Cloud City Comics & Toys. He also puts together Syracuse's own Comic Show, the Syracuse Heroes Expo. Each year it's grown in size, and so far, I've done the poster for each year (since 2007).

The downside... they're all Star Wars related.

Now, before you get all huffy and offended... I still feel burned by the prequels. To say "I'm not a fan of them" is a bit of an understatement. They caused such deep wounds... that I have a hard time even today, with watching the original Trilogy, with the knowledge of those prequels...

But despite my misgivings, Star Wars is huge. The kids love it! And the freaking store is called "Cloud City!" So much like how Bilbo straightens out Tim in the British TV Show "Spaced", Jeff got me to briefly see logic long enough to crank out a new poster each year. Here they be.

2007- the flyer
2008- "Sith Club" Sketch mockup
2008- "Sith Club" (flyer)
2008 "Sith Club" poster
2009 (pushed to 2010) - tribute to Rosie the Riveter (BTW, Jeff, I never got any copies of these! What's up with that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment