Saturday, August 10, 2013

Catching up: The Rogues Gathering

Earlier this year, Randy Lander (of Rogues Gallery, Comics and Games in Round Rock TX) asked me to create an illustration for a gathering at his store, to coincide the opening of this year's Spill Dot Con/Rooster Teeth's RTX convention. I coined it "The Rogues Gathering" but it didn't catch on (except for all the finished PDF and JPG files I sent Randy).  When he first approached me for the illustration I asked what he had in mind, and his sort of shrugged and said "whatever, just something cool"

I've been told this fit the "Cool" bill.

a veritable cavalcade of comic and genre characters and cretins, all surrounding the Roguish store Mascot, Maximilian Larch


I was kind of worried during the coloring stage.  My computer is starting to wheeze and heat up with any photoshop file larger than 300 MB.  but I was able to color it up pretty decently. 

Sadly the size the cards were printed out at cropped out Gorilla Grodd's impeccable martini-making prowess, and most of R2D2.  But all in all, very pleased with the result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment