Monday, December 24, 2012

Blue Christmas Carol - LEOG 2012

Below is the illustration that I did to break the creative dry-spell this year.  I had the layouts from last year (I didn't get to do this last year because gifts that I was giving out as Xmas gifts took up all my December drawing time) So I was kind of all ready to go.  It was taped up and I pencilled in my free time for a week and a couple of days.  I started to ink the right-most portion while I was still finishing the pencil work on the left-most portion. 

It's a BIG piece, biggest one that I've done in a very long time.  18x24, inked in Windsor Newton black ink and black Micron Pigma pens on Strathmore 300 series bristol. 



A LOT of faces and likenesses to capture.   'twas a ton of work,

This is of course starring folks from the League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen at Spill.com

We've got Leon as Ebenezer Scrooge (seen 3 different times in the piece)

 The Ghosts:

Cyrus as his business partner (and ghost) Jacob Marley
Cat - Ghost of Christmas Past
Harris (also of Paging Dr. Nerdlove) - Ghost of Christmas Present
John Rubio (also of The Beerists) - Ghost of Christmas yet to cum

The Past:

Randy (also of Lounge Geeks) and Suzanne Lander (visit Rogue's Gallery & buy stuff from them!) as Mr. & Mrs. Fezziwig.
Kayla Kromer (also of Lounge Geeks) as Belle
Greg J Amani Smith (has been on LEOG in a long time, but he wrote the theme!) and the fictional Dickens backing band
and the other partigoers of LEOG members and Spillios:  Beau, Elliot, Chicago John, Christian Alvarez, Kyle Scott, and Toshi "Nakato" Nakamura (also of Kotaku)

The Present:

Grant Davis (big cheese at Lounge Geeks) as Bob Cratchit
Jason "Fish" Fisher as Tiny Tim  (thinking "seriously, I've graduated college, and I'm the one cast as Tiny Tim?!")
Joe Parsons with guest John Erler (both also of Master Pancake Theater) As the Alms collecting Gentlemen
Peter "Fungusmonkey" as Scrooge's Nephew Fred
Kelly White as Fred's Wife
Johnny Neill and your host Nate Bliss as the poulterers (someone has to sell the prize Turkey to Scrooge's errand boy on Xmas day)

The Future:

Our intrepid gravediggers
Brian Salisbury (also of Film School Rejects)
Luke Mullen (both also of 'Remote Viewing') 
John Sitton (big cheese at Geek Bombast), and last but certainly not least,
Amanda "Mandy Savage" Arias (also of Console Crashers) as the Washer Woman, going through all of Scrooge's awesome TShirts.

Merry Christmas!  Anyone who dug this, please link back here.  Many thanks!

2 comments: