Sunday, August 14, 2011

Another Album Art Mash-up: Dr. Who vs. The Clash

Fresh off the heels of creating an incredibly intricate mash-up Album "The Wire vs. The Beatles" I was looking forward to something a little easier to handle, So when my friend Beau requested a parody of the Clash's first album with the Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Doctor, I could hardly contain my excitement. But art is never easy. This one had it's own slew of challenges.

title: Police Box & Thieves. (rejected title: Hate & Time War)

Namely, the inking... I like to have a nice clean, yet textured look to my inks. This album cover I thought would be a snap since the photo is all 100% black and 100% white, no greys... but there's a lot of splotchy almost-stippling-but-not-quite-stippling going on here that wasn't easy to duplicate. But, duplicate it, I somehow managed to do.

Here's a colored version (I freaking love that it only took me one minute to color this piece)
and the original, for reference.

This is not the last Album Art Mashup that I will do. I plan to do MANY More.
(especially more Doctor Who ones) :)

1 comment: