Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fire & Ice: Farewell gift to buddy Rob

Here's a little B&W Illo, and a quick story behind it.

I worked a desk job for many years in Syracuse NY. One day, I was told my small, cramped office (that had barely any air circulation) would be filled with one extra person other than myself. I was less than enthused. The person who was taking what little space remained was a fellow named Rob.

At first, my opinion of Rob was not high. I had enjoyed being by myself in there, so another person in that tiny room did not really interest me. Also, my first impression of him wasn't that great... NO ONE can be this happy and smiley ALL THE TIME. What was up with this guy?

Over time, What can I say. I lightened up. I stopped being a grumpy bitter cuss (or at least, LESS of one) and we became buddies. In-jokes grew. I discovered he was the underweight long-lost twin of Comic's C.B. Cebulski... Internet Memes were swapped and many Lulz were had. Most of all, this fine Gentleman said something that changed my life: "You really should watch the Venture Bros. You'd really like it."

Well when this guy announced he was leaving Rainy Syracuse for Rainy Seattle, for WUV, then I felt I owed the guy something. (I mean COME ON, he got me watching the freaking VENTURE BROS.) Since he and his sweetie were avid MMORPG'ers, and had ridiculously high-leveled Red Mages in Final Fantasy Online, well it seemed a no brainer to draw their Avatars slinging off some magic.

Fire and Ice, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment