Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Classic Rock / Dr. Who mashup covers

Part of the regretful thing of losing my webhost is that all of my old illustrations haven't seen the light of day for a long time.

Of course, to readers of this blog, who might be new to my stuff, it's all new to you!

This was the first in what was (at the time) going to be a series of classic Rock covers re-done with some of my favorite characters or elements from sci-fi or fantasy fiction.

Naturally, mashing up a cover by British rock band "The Who" and Classic British TV Sci-Fi show "Doctor Who" was a no-brainer.

Using the layout of The Who's "Who Are You" Album, I've depitcted the aftermath of an adventure of the first TARDIS crew of Barbara Wright, Ian Chesterton, Susan Forman and her Grandfather, the Doctor.

The episodes from the 60's, 70's and 80's just didn't have large budgets... which of course gave the show a very cheap look. I always loved the idea of having huge & expensive looking sci-fi mayhem accompanying the classic "Doctor Who" characters, and the best way that can be done would be through comics. I'd love to see a new series of comics featuring the classic characters. Alas, at the moment US's IDW and Britian's Dr. Who magazine seem to focus (understandably, of course) solely on the newer batch of Doctor Who characters.

OK, geek ramble over. Enjoy the image!

No comments:

Post a Comment